Kaliber Chemicals Ltd. (KalChem) is seeking an experienced and proactive Senior Executive Assistant & Office Manager to support the President & Chief Executive Officer and manage the office environment of a rapidly growing company, located in downtown Calgary, Alberta. The person is expected to provide a range of administrative and executive support services to sustain corporate communications management for the Company.
Kaliber Chemicals is an Alberta based developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty chemicals focusing on the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. We supply unique, cost-effective chemical solutions for wholesale distribution and retail purchase in Western Canada. Specializing in biodegradable, safer to handle, economical product offerings serving the petroleum, industrial, agriculture, and water treatment sectors.
Objectives of the Position:
- To provide high-level administrative support to the President/CEO, executives, and management team
- To coordinate and manage complex schedules and travel arrangements
- To prepare correspondence, reports, and presentations on behalf of executives
- To maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and business affairs
- To liaise with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of executives
- To research and compile data as needed for special projects or reports
- To take initiative in planning and executing special events or projects as needed
The position requires the incumbent to perform with highest levels of confidentiality, integrity and with the ability to use independent judgement. The person will be responsible for providing the President/CEO with administrative support primarily, and expected to manage the office by providing support to the team.
Administrative and executive support to CEO
- Will respond to projects, activities and inquiries as delegated/directed by the President/CEO.
- Process the President/CEO’s emails, maintaining discretion with handling confidential information
- Manage President/CEO’s calendar in a timely manner, making suitable adjustments
- Provide strategic administrative and project management support for the President/CEO
- Draft and manage communications on behalf of the President/CEO, as appropriate
- Book travel and accommodations when required for the President/CEO
- Meticulously file President/CEO expenses on time
- Schedule internal and external meetings as required, in consultation with C-suite, management team and senior team leads.
- Distribute meeting agendas and coordinate logistics (including arrangements for meeting rooms, coordination of dates, rooms and times, and ensure that equipment and food are ordered when required) for Board, management, staff and client meetings as required
- Assist with preparation of management meetings with all materials (including preparation ahead for powerpoint presentations)
- Recording minutes of meetings digitally and distribution to Board and/or meeting attendees, immediately after the meetings for action items.
- Create presentations and reports as required by the management team
- Initiate and process eSignature documents and ensure completion coordinating with HR/Finance
- Ensure office runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis (inventory management and operational support in consultation with the whole team)
- Assist in development and maintenance of procedures and policies for office activities in liaison with the technical development, and R&D teams
- Initiate and complete orders and purchases related to office operations
- Plan and execute various team events, on-site, on-line and off-site meetings
- Assist with social media post and management weekly
- A completed university degree (desirable – in business, management, communications, marketing)
- 7-10 year’s experience in executive administrative support/office management, reporting to one or more C-level executives (or VP, Director, Sr. Team Leads)
- Experience working with executives in a dynamic environment, preferably in SaaS or in consulting / agency environments.
- Highly proficient in Office and Office 365 Apps; presentation tools, social media tools
- Conversant with online conferencing tools such as MSTeams and Zoom.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
REACH OUT TO LEARN MORE!